It's another tired yet sleepless night..
It's just hard to sleep at this weather - dry and still air fill the room..
And then your brain starts wandering here and there, with all sorts of random thoughts going on and on..
The trip has got me thinking..
All the what ifs..
Seeing and comparing how others rally and I stall myself here..
What if I went there straight for my first job?
What if I manage to cruise through the interviews and accepted of envies?
Somehow I envy them..
Each of them has a good career..
A stewardess with a bright future and all the savings enough to live for the next 10 years..
A banker who sacrificed his health for what he is today and getting fat pay with a well-known bank..
Another banker who job-hops abit and finally ended up at a position higher than me..
All have done these at a much younger age..
Best thing I've done so far.. Telling myself that though I am at a slower pace, I have had different taste of life.. I choose this road who make up to who I am today, now.. I will continue to do so to forge my own future.. This motivates me to keep myself going, and of course not to envy others..
Don't give up just yet.. I have been given a direction and so are you. You might be in a bottleneck and slower than the rest but I was at your position once and I know how it feels..
Remember what he said.. In the end it's still up to you if you've taken the chance to triumph, or you are just sitting ducks.. Don't take your passiveness for granted just because he said so.. It's for us to change and improve ourselves..
Friday, March 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Loong,
I think for one you have probably been thinking too much and comparing yourself with others. The problem with us working people, is that we always believe "grass is greener on the other side". We fall into this trap easily because no matter how interesting or high paying the job is, we will eventually adjust to it and it gets mundane.
From my point of view, the best benchmark is our ownselves. Always question yourself if you're in a better position than a year ago in terms of knowledge, skills, attitude etc... If not, what are we going to do about it? How do we move forward? What should we change?
Of course to you, it may seem easy for me to say such things as I probably had it easier than most. But bear in mind we're only finishing our 3rd year of our working life. Imagine if we would continue working for the next 30 years, 3 years only accounts for less than 10% of it. There's still a long way to go, which is why as a friend, I wish you the best of luck in your chosen path.
Just my 2 cents worth. Take care! =)
Hahah, the comparison is just a kind of expression of how I feel for a moment.. This won't last long as each of us has a unique life on our own..
I am just glad that our lives/paths converge at some point of time :)
Let's try to converge more often hehe
Yeah of course, I was at SS15 walking about the other day. The whole place brings back a lot of memories. I wish it was still back then, where we were still carefree and enjoying student life. =D
Post a Comment